A study from the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire has shown that police officers that wear load bearing vest carriers experience significantly less hip and lower back pain than those that wear only a duty belt. Our load bearing vest carriers (also known as external carriers) are proudly made in the USA and keep you safe while you protect others. Our load bearing vests are made to exactly fit each officer's bulletproof vest and perfectly match the officer's uniform. With just a few simple steps, we ensure that you'll receive a product that helps to reduce your hip and back pain. We are an industry leader in load bearing vest carriers and custom vests.
We take pride in our American Made products fully stand behind our products. If there's something you'd like that you don't see, please contact us.
Be safe out there.
Note: We can not accept returns on custom items.
Note: Each of our LBVs are fully custom made, and we can not accept returns on custom items.
First you will need the following:
- Measuring tape
- Front and back ballistic vest panels
- Pen or pencil
- Email address you use
- Camera (you can use your phone to take a photo)
Using the tape measure, measure your chest as shown in diagram 1.A. Write down the measurement.
Diagram 1.A - View Larger
Back to Front
Measure your vest from back to front as shown in Diagram 2.A and Diagram 2.B. The measurement should go from the bottom of the back panel of your vest, over your shoulder, to the front of your vest. Write down the measurement.
Diagram 2.A - View Larger
Diagram 2.B - View Larger
Measure the gap from the bottom of your front panel to the top of your duty belt as shown in diagram 3.A. Write down the measurement.
Next, take your front and back panels out of your carrier vest. Using the tape measure, find and write down the following measurements:
A. Measure the length of your back Ballistic panel as shown in Diagram 4.A
B. Measure the height of your Ballistic back panel as shown in Diagram 4.B
C. Measure the height of one side wing of your Ballistic back panel as shown in Diagram 4.C
D. Measure the length of your Ballistic front panel as shown in Diagram 4.D
E. Measure the height of your Ballistic front panel as shown in Diagram 4.E
When you have finished these steps, please fill in your color preference and measurements in the fields above. Round your measurements up to the next inch.
Once you submit your order online, we will send you a follow-up email requesting the following photos:
- We will need two pictures of the Officer in uniform wearing his or her body armor: one picture of the officer facing forward towards the camera and one of the officer turned to the side wearing his or her body armor. Please be sure the entire body armor vest is visible while being worn on the officer.
- We will need photos of both of the Officer's ballistic panels: one photo of the front panel and another photo of the back panel.
- A photo of the items you want pockets made for, laid out on front vest panel in the position you would like the additional pockets. For example: if you want a radio on the right side of your vest carrier and a flashlight on the left side, place them accordingly.
Your order will not be completed until you send the photos listed.