Body Armor Buyer's Guide
We create only the highest quality life-saving products for Law Enforcement, and always take the officer into consideration along with the department and Chief's wants and needs.
Please specify the Back Panel Length in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
If the photo upload is not working it is ok! You can email the photos to one of our customer service reps after the order has been placed. Please process the order without the photos and we will take care of them after the order is submitted.
Please specify the Back Panel Height in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please specify the Back Panel - Wing Height in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please specify the Front Panel - Length in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please specify the Front Panel - Height in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please specify the Chest Measurement in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Measure abdomen at the widest portion of your mid-section.
Please measure around your waist, just above your duty belt. Please give us this measurement in inches.
Please specify the Front to Back Measurement in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please specify the Vest Gap Measurement in inches:(view Instructions tab below for clarification)
Please Enter Your Height. Examples: 5 feet 7 inches , 6 feet 2 inches, etc.
Please enter your weight in pounds.
Concealed handgun holster sits on the inside of your load bearing vest so you can always keep a backup weapon within reach.
When you select your radio pouch size, please consider the height of the radio pouch compared to the height of your actual radio (not counting the antenna). For example, If your radio is 5 inches tall to the top of the Frequency knobs, you may want to order a pouch that is 4.5 inches tall so the top of the radio sticks out a little. The image below shows an example.
Do not include the antenna in the measurements, only the body of the radio
To make your vest compatible with a Body Worn body camera, we will insert the specially designed Grommet and zipper to the front of your custom load bearing vest.
If you send us an embroidered name tag made from an outside source it can be sewn onto your vest. However, we will not be responsible if the material colors of your name tag and the color of the load bearing vest do not match.
If you select the option to purchase a trauma plate, we will include the pouch to hold it for Free!
The velcro retention piece we offer can be added onto your vest and hold your radio antenna securely in place, so it stays out of your way while on duty. The picture below has a sample of this for your reference.
Add to Wish List
Email a Friend
0 Reviews | Write a review
A study from the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire has shown that police officers that wear load bearing vest carriers experience significantly less hip and lower back pain than those that wear only a duty belt. Our load bearing vest carriers (also known as external carriers) are proudly made in the USA and keep you safe while you protect others. Our load bearing vests are made to exactly fit each officer's bulletproof vest and perfectly match the officer's uniform. With just a few simple steps, we ensure that you'll receive a product that helps to reduce your hip and back pain. We are an industry leader in load bearing vest carriers and custom vests.
We take pride in our American Made products fully stand behind our products. If there's something you'd like that you don't see, please contact us.
Be safe out there.
Note: We can not accept returns on custom items.
First you will need the following:
Using the tape measure, measure your chest as shown in diagram 1.A. Write down the measurement.
Diagram 1.A - View Larger
Measure your vest from back to front as shown in Diagram 2.A and Diagram 2.B. The measurement should go from the bottom of the back panel of your vest, over your shoulder, to the front of your vest. Write down the measurement.
Diagram 2.A - View Larger
Diagram 2.B - View Larger
Measure the gap from the bottom of your front panel to the top of your duty belt as shown in diagram 3.A. Write down the measurement.
Next, take your front and back panels out of your carrier vest. Using the tape measure, find and write down the following measurements:
A. Measure the length of your back Ballistic panel as shown in Diagram 4.A
B. Measure the height of your Ballistic back panel as shown in Diagram 4.B
C. Measure the height of one side wing of your Ballistic back panel as shown in Diagram 4.C
D. Measure the length of your Ballistic front panel as shown in Diagram 4.D
E. Measure the height of your Ballistic front panel as shown in Diagram 4.E
When you have finished these steps, please fill in your color preference and measurements in the fields above. Round your measurements up to the next inch.
Once you submit your order online, we will send you a follow-up email requesting the following photos:
Your order will not be completed until you send the photos listed.
1. Our Vest Carriers are custom made from start to finish. We make each of our vest carriers from scratch, using each officer's individual measurements and their body armor measurements to perfectly construct their custom vest. We also create custom pockets that exactly fit your items like: handcuffs, magazines, radios, OC, tasers, tourniquets, and custom pockets. These pockets can be positioned and sewn anywhere on the vest you'd like. Our open top kydex magazine pouch is extremely popular and second to none in the industry.
2. Each vest is made to your department's exact specifications. Does your department need a velcro patch sewn onto your vest for your name tag? No problem. Need a second mic tab sewn onto the vest? Consider it done. If you have a request please ask us and we will find a solution for you.
3. Our Custom Load Bearing Vests blend in with the Officer's uniform shirt, which keeps a clean and uniform look. This design keeps from looking tactical and instead closely matches the load bearing vest to the officer's uniform. Also, our custom load bearing vest carriers are made out of heavy duty denier cordura, which stands up to everyday use exceptionally well.
4. We warranty the stitching and craftsmanship of our custom load bearing vests for 1 year - the longest warranty in the business. We understand that some damage may happen to your load bearing vest while on duty; if this happens, we are capable of repairing your vest. Please note: normal wear and tear from everyday use and/ or your duty belt rubbing against your load bearing vest is not part of the warranty. This is considered normal wear and tear.
5. Ordering one of our Custom Vest Carriers is Easy! You can either follow our simple online ordering process or request a measurement kit be sent to your department free of charge.
6. Customer Service is extremely important at BlueStone Safety, and we will work with you to ensure that your custom load bearing vest is made exactly how you'd like. If you need any assistance please call us at 630-855-6032 or email us at email@example.com
7. Our Custom Load Bearing Vests are made to accommodate any brand of body armor. While we do offer our own high quality NIJ 0101.06 Level 3A ballistic panels, we will create our custom load bearing vests to fit any brand of body armor that your department has. Also, since we measure your existing body armor panels and house them in our external carrier, we will warranty our product.